KiXforms Forum Index KiXforms
The Forum for the KiXforms Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Quick Links 
Site News
Downloads
Documentation
Donations
Script Archive
Tracking Systems

Kixforms.Net - Expanding the horizon.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shawn
KiXforms Developer
KiXforms Developer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: Kixforms.Net - Expanding the horizon. Reply with quote

You read that right. I am currently prototyping the next version of Kixforms ...

Kixforms.Net

Kixforms.Net will not be a port of the existing Kixforms library - it will be more like a full-blown .NET for Kixtart and it will require that the .NET runtimes be installed. It will look, feel, taste and smell like .NET because basically - it is .NET. Most all the functions (even the non-windows related ones) will be ported to this new library. Although in the short-term, I will be concentrating on Windows.Forms and System.Drawing namespaces.

Some of the aspects of the old library will be there - some fundamentals will remain because they are required to support the Kixtart language itself. Events will be similar (although there will be a new event interface) plus the event names will change.

The real intent here is to bring full .NET functionality into the Kixtart world - all the good stuff and all the not-so-good stuff too. My design goals for this new library are as follows:

1) Follow the .net Class model as closely as possible.

2) Only deivate from the model where necessary (for example, because of a Kixtart limitation).

3) Design the library so that existing .net code can be easily ported to the Kixtart scripting language.

4) Build this library so that all the classes can be easily browsed using a standard typelibrary viewer. Provide descriptions of all properties and methods where possible. More about this later.

5) Build this library with Integrated Development Environments in mind. Code sensitive editor should be able to show properties and methods using Intellisense.

I have been working with Stevie B. (from iTripoli AdminScriptEditor) - he has kindly agreed to lend his expertise and time to this project. He has already enhanced the iTripoli TypeLib viewer so that the Kixforms.Net methods and properties are more easily viewable (although more needs to be done). I am testing the library with the AdminScriptEditor to ensure that all classes, members and enums "look" as they should - where possible - using "Intellisense".

Anyway - stay tuned for more information - I will be posting the prototype soon (its not an Alpha - more like a proof of concept). I have asked Rod to create a new forum here so that we can discuss the library going forward.

-Shawn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KiXforms Forum Index -> Announcements/FAQs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: