Joined: 04 Jun 2003
|Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 7:50 pm Post subject: KiXforms Designer 1.0 beta 3 is released!!!
|KiXforms Designer Beta 3 has been released! Here is some info on the changes and enhancements:
- Only works with KiXforms version 2.3.0 beta 4 or later
- Scripts may now be saved and opened again! (See notes below)
- Only non-default properties are written out to the script (instead of writing every single property for each control) resulting in a much smaller script size
- Added script templates which write pre-form data the first time a script is saved
- Added control delimiter options where you can specify the comment text that is placed around each control or you can even remove these altogether
- Added preference to use standard or short form of control creation, which if selected, results in even smaller scripts
- Added events to the properties window so that you can name an event and it will write the event property to the script (though you still need to write the event procedure)
Important information regarding opening scripts into the Designer:
It is only designed to work with scripts that are created with this version of the Designer--1.0 beta 3. Opening scripts that were created with an earlier version of the Designer or done manually may result in failure. There are too many methods of creating forms/controls with KiXforms that each implementation has not been tried/tested.
However, if you have large and/or complex forms that you wish to try to open with the Designer, you must minimally follow these steps:
- The tags ;KD START and ;KD END must be placed around the form/control creation portion of the script
- Everything between these tags is completely overwritten when saving a form, so make sure there is no custom script or code between the tags
- If opening a script created with a version of KiXforms older than 2.3.0 beta 4, you are required to place the line $System = CreateObject("Kixtart.System") above the ;KD START tag after saving the script since the new type of form instantiation is used beginning with beta 4
- Scripts containing both the old form and new form of form creation can be opened--but when saving, it always writes the new form inside the control tags
- Both short and standard forms of control creation can be used
- Unsupported KD control types will cause a failure, e.g. ToolbarButton
- Property variables are NOT supported. For example, $Button2.Top = $Button1.Top + 20
- There are sure to be many other requirements of opening pre-existing scripts. Create some trivial forms with the Designer to see the format it uses and adjust scripts appropriately
You can download it here.
Questions, comments, issues or problems should be directed to kixscripts.com
Free Gift Cards