KiXforms Forum Index KiXforms
The Forum for the KiXforms Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Quick Links 
Site News
Downloads
Documentation
Donations
Script Archive
Tracking Systems

Retrieve an user's IP in a lan/domain

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cyrus
KiXforms Novice
KiXforms Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 1:02 pm    Post subject: Retrieve an user's IP in a lan/domain Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm new to KIX scripting and need some help/feedback. I need a KIX script to perform some actions and show the result in a GUI based interface using KIXForms.
Simply I want to get the IP address for a specific LAN user ID who is logged on into a Domain.
The only input to the script should be “User ID”.

Using NBTScan I could do a scanning on single IP, or IP rang/subnet, to retrieve logged on users IP address.
But I want to do the opposite way! I give a specific user ID and get the IP address for that specific user ID.

When using “net send” command you can send message to a “specific user ID”, so somehow “net send” must list the IP address for that specific user ID to send your message to target host client which the user are logged on to. I don’t know if “net send” will do a query on WINS server to get the necessary info such as IP address for the client which that specific user is logged on to.

How do I capture that info, which hopefully contains the IP for the client which the specific user ID is logged on to?

So my input is only single “User ID” and the output should be the IP address for that User ID.
The next step is to tell the script to do a remote scan on that client, which that specific user is logged on to.
The output of remote scanning should be collected information such as HW and SW inventory for target machine, presented in GUI based interface.

Any idea's ???
Rolling Eyes
Sealeopard
KiXforms Aficionado
KiXforms Aficionado

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take the userID and poll the domain controller's eventlog for the last logon event for that user ID. This will tell you the computername. then ping the computername to retrieve the associated IP address. The KiXtart BBS at http://www.kixtart.org (once it's back up) has UDFs that will help you achieve this.

'There are two kinds of vessels, submarines and targets.'
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KiXforms Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: