KiXforms Forum Index KiXforms
The Forum for the KiXforms Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Quick Links 
Site News
Downloads
Documentation
Donations
Script Archive
Tracking Systems

Account Signup

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stevie
KiXforms Supporter
KiXforms Supporter

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Account Signup Reply with quote

We have referred some people to this web site for kixforms help but they have reported to us that all user registration now requires activation by the webmaster. There is at least one person who has been waiting for a couple of days now with no reply. How long has the site required manual account activation? Second, about how long will it take? Thanks.
________
[URL=http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Dodge_Charger_(B-body)]Dodge Charger (B-Body) History[/URL]

Last edited by Stevie on Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Rod
KiXforms Webmaster
KiXforms Webmaster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Admin activation has been enabled on this board for many months now due to the proliferation of SpamBots which automatically register bogus user accounts. In the last week alone I have had to delete in excess of 60 false registrations. On the other hand, new "real" user registrations are now coming in at the rate of only 1 or 2 a week, and on average I will activate those within 24 or 48 hours. You have to remember that this is a hobby for me and it is actually the demanding day job that pays the mortgage Wink

That said, I have tired of constantly deleting these damn bogus user accounts and therefore have very recently implemented counter measures which seem to be holding up very well indeed. If they continue to do so then I will revert to self activation of user accounts in the near future.

Rod.

KiXforms Webmaster
KiXforms Webmaster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a follow up that the Anti-SpamBot measures implemented a few weeks ago are working very well, therefore I have reverted to user based activation for new accounts.

Rod.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KiXforms Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: