KiXforms Forum Index KiXforms
The Forum for the KiXforms Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Quick Links 
Site News
Downloads
Documentation
Donations
Script Archive
Tracking Systems

File listbox, keyboard filter selection...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KiXforms Forum Index -> KiXforms.NET Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MACE1
KiXforms Enthusiast
KiXforms Enthusiast

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject: File listbox, keyboard filter selection... Reply with quote

I have been frequently asked by users whether 'like in windows' they could use the keyboard when scrolling through a folder listing to quickly move the focus to folders starting with the keys pressed. Originally I would have said Not yet, however I came across this in the .net help file which got me thinking:

ListView.EnsureVisible
KeyPressEventArgs Class

This is frankly way beyond my radar, and if I could make use of it I have no idea where to start. It even looks like I should be able to detect when caps lock is on, an old thorn in my side.

My current traditional code for listbox directory listing is as follows What would I need to do to .net it and where best to check for the keypressed event so I could ensurevisible the keys pressed....

Code:

; *** Function to Read into Array - Directories Listing
  FUNCTION BROWSER
   IF $menutitle <> "" AND $array[2] <> "" AND $array[3] <> ""
    $ftitle = $array[3] + " A " + $array[2]
    $yntitle = $array[3] + " this " + $array[2] + " folder?"
   ELSE
    $ftitle = 'FOLDER BROWSER'
    $yntitle = 'You wish to select ..'
   ENDIF
   $selected = ""
   DIM $sdir[9999]
   DIM $dcount
   DIM $sfile
   DIM $maxdlen
   $dcount = 0
   $maxdlen = 0

$sfile=Dir($source)
   WHILE NOT @error
    ; Identify Directories
    IF (16 & GetFileAttr($source + "\" + $sfile))
     IF NOT $sfile = "." AND NOT $sfile = ".." AND NOT $sfile = right($REGDIR,-3)
      $dcount=$dcount+1
      $sdir[$dcount] = $sfile
      DIM $x
      $x=len($sfile)
      IF $x > $maxdlen $maxdlen = $x
      ENDIF
     ENDIF
    ENDIF
    $sfile = Dir()
   LOOP

; *** Listbox Host Window Setup
   $system = CreateObject("Kixtart.System")
   $f = $system.form()
   $f.maximizebox = "False"
   $f.minimizebox = "False"
   $f.formborderstyle = $system.formborderstyle.fixeddialog
   $f.width=($maxdlen * 11)
   $f.height=50+(22*$dcount)
   IF $f.height > 550 $f.height = 550
   ENDIF
   IF $f.height < 70 $f.height = 70
   ENDIF
   $f.text = $ftitle
   $f.center
   $f.show

;*** Show 'Directories' in a ListBox
   $list = $f.controls.listbox()
   $list.clear
   $list.center()
   $list.dock = 5
   $list.sorted = 1

DIM $x
   $x = 1
   WHILE $x<= $dcount
    $ = $list.additem($sdir[$x])
    $x = $x + 1
   LOOP

$list.onclick = "Confirm"

WHILE $f.visible
    $=Execute($f.doevents)
   LOOP
  ENDFUNCTION

________
Toyota cal-1

Last edited by MACE1 on Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
benny69
KiXforms Advocate
KiXforms Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mark,
Here is an example of interrupting the KeyDown Event and the KeyPress event in KF.Net. Hope this gets you started. Let me know if you need more help.
Code:

Break On
$System = CreateObject("Kixforms.System")
If Not $System
   $nul= MessageBox("KiXforms.Net Not Initiated. This Script Will Now Close.","Error",16)
   Quit()
EndIf

$WordList = Split("analysis,approach,Area,assessment,assume,authority,available,benefit,concept,consistent,Constitutional,context,contract,create,data,Definition,derived,distribution,economic,environment,established,estimate,evidence,export",",")

$Form = $System.Form()
$Form.StartPosition = 1  ;FormStartPosition_CenterScreen
$Form.Size = $System.Size(400,342) ;(Width,Height)
$Form.Text = "Form"

$ListView = $System.ListView()
$ListView.Height = 200
$ListView.Left = 20
$ListView.KeyDown = "KeyDownEvent()"
$ListView.KeyPress = "KeyPressEvent()"
$ListView.MultiSelect = 0  ;False
$ListView.Sorting = 1  ;Ascending
$ListView.Top = 20
$ListView.Width = 350
$ListView.View = $System.View_List
$nul = $Form.Controls.Add($ListView)

For Each $Word in $WordList
   $Item = $ListView.Items.Add($System.ListViewItem($Word))
Next

$ListView.Items.Item(0).Selected = -1 ;True

$TextBox = $System.TextBox()
$TextBox.Left = 20
$TextBox.Top = 230
$TextBox.Width = 350
$nul = $Form.Controls.Add($TextBox)

$OkButton = $System.Button()
$OkButton.Click = "Click_Ok()"
$OkButton.Left = 120
$OkButton.Text = "OK"
$OkButton.Top = 260
$nul = $Form.Controls.Add($OkButton)

$CancelButton = $System.Button()
$CancelButton.Click = "Click_Cancel()"
$CancelButton.Left = 210
$CancelButton.Text = "Cancel"
$CancelButton.Top = 260
$nul = $Form.Controls.Add($CancelButton)

$Form.AcceptButton = $OkButton
$Form.CancelButton = $CancelButton
$Form.Show  ;Displays the Form

$TextBox.Text = $ListView.FocusedItem.Text

While $Form.Visible
   $Nul = Execute($Form.DoEvents())
Loop
Exit 0

Function KeyPressEvent()
   $KeyChar = $ListView.KeyPressEventArgs.KeyChar

? $KeyChar ;for testing pruposes show the char pressed

$Form.Activate
EndFunction

Function KeyDownEvent()
   $KeyCode = $ListView.KeyDownEventArgs.KeyCode

? $KeyCode ;for testing pruposes show the char pressed

;37 = Left Arrow, 38 = Up Arrow, 39 = Right Arrow, 40 = Down Arrow
   If $KeyCode = 37 Or $KeyCode = 38 Or $KeyCode = 39 Or $KeyCode = 40
   EndIf
   $Form.Activate
EndFunction

Function Click_Ok()
   ;do something if 'Enter' is pressed or 'Ok' is clicked
EndFunction

Function Click_Cancel()
   ;do something if 'Esc' is pressed or 'Cancel' is clicked
EndFunction

MACE1
KiXforms Enthusiast
KiXforms Enthusiast

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Benny69:Including mouse control &amp; selections Reply with quote

The listview example you sent has proved very useful however I am ignorant on a number of points and the help file DOES NOT HELP !

Without the need for a working script, would you be able to clarify the following under .net as one-liners.

Your example allows for cursor movement through the list, how would I trap the RETURN/ENTER over an entry to select/pass the item and perform an event.

The mouse allows you to select an entry. How do I trap the select button / item to perform an event or the (right) menu button to do something else.

Can the wheel now be used to ?Scroll? ? I found a kixforms example but not .net

The listview comes with a horizontal scroll bar. Can this be changed/forced to a vertical if desired when only one large column.

What is the colour name for the default windows background colour, usually white, so I can set and reset the background text colour. ?
I can simply use white but then would be ODD if windows background is different.

And finally, .ADD puts items one at a time into the list view, I know I could remove one at a time but how to totally clear all the items to rebuild;- $listview.system=?? ?

Its basic I know but syntax can take hours to figure out.

Hope this is not too much trouble
________
Suzuki Mr Wagon

Last edited by MACE1 on Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
benny69
KiXforms Advocate
KiXforms Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the example I have provided you will see the use of the enter key, ContextMenu (right click) and how to clear the list of ListView Items with the ContextMenu.

At this point KiXforms.Net does not support the use of the scroll wheel on the mouse.

The vertical scrollbar is already a part of the ListView you will see it automatically any time the list grows larger that the physical size of the ListView, add a bunch more items to the list and you will see what I mean.

The default widows background color is ‘Control’.
Ex. $System.Color.FromName(“Control”)

Code:

Break On
If Not $System
   $nul= MessageBox("KiXforms.Net Not Initiated. This Script Will Now Close.","Error",16)
   Quit()
EndIf

$Form1 = $System.Form()
$Form1.StartPosition = 1  ;FormStartPosition_CenterScreen
$Form1.Size = $System.Size(400,300) ;(Width,Height)
$Form1.Text = "ListView Item ForeColor and BackColor"

$ContextMenu = $System.ContextMenu()
$MenuItem1 = $ContextMenu.MenuItems.Add($System.MenuItem("Clear ListView"))
$MenuItem1.Click = "Item1_Click()"                                     ;*****Important, This is the Event that is executed when it is clicked.*****

$ListView1 = $System.ListView()
$ListView1.Left = 40
$ListView1.ContextMenu = $ContextMenu                                  ;*****Important, THis is what ties the ContextMenu to the ListView.*****
$ListView1.MultiSelect = 0 ;False
$ListView1.Name = "ListView1"                                          ;*****Important, this is the property that Identifies the control so that it can be located inside a function.*****
$ListView1.SelectedIndexChanged = "ListViewIndexChanged()"             ;*****Important, This is the Event that is executed when a differant Item is selected.*****
$ListView1.Top = 70
$ListView1.Width = 310
$ListView1.View = $System.View_Details
$nul = $Form1.Controls.Add($ListView1)

$ListView1Column0 = $ListView1.Columns.Add($System.ColumnHeader("Item Column",100,$System.HorizontalAlignment_Left))
$ListView1Column1 = $ListView1.Columns.Add($System.ColumnHeader("Column A",100,$System.HorizontalAlignment_Center))
$ListView1Column2 = $ListView1.Columns.Add($System.ColumnHeader("Column B",100,$System.HorizontalAlignment_Right))

$ListView1Item00 = $ListView1.Items.Add($System.ListViewItem("Item 1"))
$ListView1Item00.ForeColor = $System.Color.FromName("Yellow")          ;set forecolor of item
$ListView1Item00.BackColor = $System.Color.FromName("Green")           ;set backcolor of item
$ListView1Item00.Selected = -1                                         ;*****Important, Selects this Item in the List.*****
$ListView1Item01 = $ListView1.Items.Item(0).SubItems.Add($System.ListViewSubItem("Item 1A"))
$ListView1Item02 = $ListView1.Items.Item(0).SubItems.Add($System.ListViewSubItem("Item 1B"))

$ListView1Item10 = $ListView1.Items.Add($System.ListViewItem("Item 2"))
$ListView1Item10.ForeColor = $System.Color.FromName("InactiveBorder")  ;set forecolor of item
$ListView1Item11 = $ListView1.Items.Item(1).SubItems.Add($System.ListViewSubItem("Item 2A"))
$ListView1Item12 = $ListView1.Items.Item(1).SubItems.Add($System.ListViewSubItem("Item 2B"))

$ListView1Item20 = $ListView1.Items.Add($System.ListViewItem("Item 3"))
$ListView1Item20.ForeColor = $System.Color.FromName("WindowText")      ;set forecolor of item
$ListView1Item21 = $ListView1.Items.Item(2).SubItems.Add($System.ListViewSubItem("Item 3A"))
$ListView1Item22 = $ListView1.Items.Item(2).SubItems.Add($System.ListViewSubItem("Item 3B"))

$Label1 = $System.Label()
$Label1.Left = $ListView1.Left
$Label1.Text = "Selected Item:"
$Label1.Top = $ListView1.Bottom+10
$nul = $Form1.Controls.Add($Label1)

$TextBox1 = $System.TextBox()
$TextBox1.Name = "TextBox1"                                            ;*****Important, this is the property that Identifies the control so that it can be located inside a function.*****
$TextBox1.Top = $ListView1.Bottom+10
$TextBox1.Left = $Form1.ClientWidth/2-($TextBox1.Width/2)
$nul = $Form1.Controls.Add($TextBox1)

$OKButton = $System.Button()
$OKButton.Click = "OK_Click()"                                         ;*****Important, This is the Event that is triggered when a user clicks 'OK' or hits 'Enter' on the keyboard.
$OKButton.Name = "OKButton"
$OKButton.Text = "OK"
$OKButton.Left = $Form1.ClientWidth-$OKButton.Width-10
$OKButton.Top = $Form1.ClientHeight-$OKButton.Height-10
$nul = $Form1.Controls.Add($OKButton)

$Form1.AcceptButton = $OKButton                                        ;*****Important, This is the method that is used to tie the 'Enter' key on the keyboard to the 'OK' button.
$Form1.Show  ;Displays the Form

While $Form1.Visible
   $Nul = Execute($Form1.DoEvents())
Loop
Exit 0

Function ListViewIndexChanged()
   Dim $ListView1,$Item,$TextBox1

$ListView1 = $Form1.FindControl("ListView1")                          ;*****Important, This is how the control is located so that it can be used.
   $TextBox1 = $Form1.FindControl("TextBox1")                           ;*****Important, This is how the control is located so that it can be used.
   If $ListView1.SelectedItems.Count = 1                                 ;*****Important, $ListView.SelectedItems is a collection of selected Items, this can be more than one.
      $Item = $ListView1.SelectedItems
      $TextBox1.Text = $Item.Item(0).Text                                ;*****Important, $Item.Item(0).Text: the zero indecates the Index of the SelectedItems collection and this is what puts the text of the selected Item in the 'TextBox'.
   EndIf
EndFunction

Function OK_Click()
   Dim $ListView1,$Item

$ListView1 = $Form1.FindControl("ListView1")                          ;*****Important, This is how the control is located so that it can be used.
   If $ListView1.SelectedItems.Count = 1                                 ;*****Important, $ListView.SelectedItems is a collection of selected Items, this can be more than one.
      ? $Item.Item(0).Text                                               ;*****Important, This is where you would do something if the user clicks 'OK' or Hits 'Enter' on the keyboard.
   EndIf
EndFunction

Function Item1_Click()
   Dim $ListView1,$TextBox1,$OKButton

$TextBox1 = $Form1.FindControl("TextBox1")                           ;*****Important, This is how the control is located so that it can be used.
   $OKButton = $Form1.FindControl("OKButton")                           ;*****Important, This is how the control is located so that it can be used.
   $ListView1.Items.Clear                                                ;*****Important, This is how the ListView list is cleared
   $TextBox1.Text = ""                                                  ;*****Important, This is how the Text is cleared from the TextBox.
   $OKButton.Enabled = 0                                                ;*****Important, This is how Button is disabled
   ;do something when Item1 is clicked
EndFunction

MACE1
KiXforms Enthusiast
KiXforms Enthusiast

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a large number of items in the list view, and indeed a scroll bar does appear however it is scrolling sideways not vertically. Was hoping to scroll vertically if possible.

As to the rest, I will have a play and see how I do...

Thanks
________
OREGON MARIJUANA DISPENSARY

Last edited by MACE1 on Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
benny69
KiXforms Advocate
KiXforms Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in this example I have added many more Items and the Vertical Scrollbar does appear.
Code:

Break On
If Not $System
   Quit()
EndIf

$Form1 = $System.Form()
$Form1.StartPosition = 1  ;FormStartPosition_CenterScreen
$Form1.Size = $System.Size(400,300) ;(Width,Height)
$Form1.Text = "ListView Item ForeColor and BackColor"

$ContextMenu = $System.ContextMenu()
$MenuItem1 = $ContextMenu.MenuItems.Add($System.MenuItem("Clear ListView"))
$MenuItem1.Click = "Item1_Click()"                                     ;*****Important, This is the Event that is executed when it is clicked.*****

$ListView1 = $System.ListView()
$ListView1.Left = 40
$ListView1.ContextMenu = $ContextMenu                                  ;*****Important, THis is what ties the ContextMenu to the ListView.*****
$ListView1.MultiSelect = 0 ;False
$ListView1.Name = "ListView1"                                          ;*****Important, this is the property that Identifies the control so that it can be located inside a function.*****
$ListView1.SelectedIndexChanged = "ListViewIndexChanged()"             ;*****Important, This is the Event that is executed when a differant Item is selected.*****
$ListView1.Top = 70
$ListView1.Width = 310
$ListView1.View = $System.View_Details
$nul = $Form1.Controls.Add($ListView1)

$ListView1Column0 = $ListView1.Columns.Add($System.ColumnHeader("Item Column",100,$System.HorizontalAlignment_Left))
$ListView1Column1 = $ListView1.Columns.Add($System.ColumnHeader("Column A",100,$System.HorizontalAlignment_Center))
$ListView1Column2 = $ListView1.Columns.Add($System.ColumnHeader("Column B",100,$System.HorizontalAlignment_Right))

;$ListView1Item00 = $ListView1.Items.Add($System.ListViewItem("Item 1"))
;$ListView1Item00.ForeColor = $System.Color.FromName("Yellow")          ;set forecolor of item
;$ListView1Item00.BackColor = $System.Color.FromName("Green")           ;set backcolor of item
;$ListView1Item00.Selected = -1                                         ;*****Important, Selects this Item in the List.*****
;$ListView1Item01 = $ListView1.Items.Item(0).SubItems.Add($System.ListViewSubItem("Item 1A"))
;$ListView1Item02 = $ListView1.Items.Item(0).SubItems.Add($System.ListViewSubItem("Item 1B"))
;
;$ListView1Item10 = $ListView1.Items.Add($System.ListViewItem("Item 2"))
;$ListView1Item10.ForeColor = $System.Color.FromName("InactiveBorder")  ;set forecolor of item
;$ListView1Item11 = $ListView1.Items.Item(1).SubItems.Add($System.ListViewSubItem("Item 2A"))
;$ListView1Item12 = $ListView1.Items.Item(1).SubItems.Add($System.ListViewSubItem("Item 2B"))
;
;$ListView1Item20 = $ListView1.Items.Add($System.ListViewItem("Item 3"))
;$ListView1Item20.ForeColor = $System.Color.FromName("WindowText")      ;set forecolor of item
;$ListView1Item21 = $ListView1.Items.Item(2).SubItems.Add($System.ListViewSubItem("Item 3A"))
;$ListView1Item22 = $ListView1.Items.Item(2).SubItems.Add($System.ListViewSubItem("Item 3B"))

For $x = 0 to 9
   $Item = $ListView1.Items.Add($System.ListViewItem("Item "+$x))
   $Item.ForeColor = $System.Color.FromName("WindowText")      ;set forecolor of item
   $Item1 = $ListView1.Items.Item($x).SubItems.Add($System.ListViewSubItem("Item "+$x+"A"))
   $Item2 = $ListView1.Items.Item($x).SubItems.Add($System.ListViewSubItem("Item "+$x+"B"))
Next

$Label1 = $System.Label()
$Label1.Left = $ListView1.Left
$Label1.Text = "Selected Item:"
$Label1.Top = $ListView1.Bottom+10
$nul = $Form1.Controls.Add($Label1)

$TextBox1 = $System.TextBox()
$TextBox1.Name = "TextBox1"                                            ;*****Important, this is the property that Identifies the control so that it can be located inside a function.*****
$TextBox1.Top = $ListView1.Bottom+10
$TextBox1.Left = $Form1.ClientWidth/2-($TextBox1.Width/2)
$nul = $Form1.Controls.Add($TextBox1)

$OKButton = $System.Button()
$OKButton.Click = "OK_Click()"                                         ;*****Important, This is the Event that is triggered when a user clicks 'OK' or hits 'Enter' on the keyboard.
$OKButton.Name = "OKButton"
$OKButton.Text = "OK"
$OKButton.Left = $Form1.ClientWidth-$OKButton.Width-10
$OKButton.Top = $Form1.ClientHeight-$OKButton.Height-10
$nul = $Form1.Controls.Add($OKButton)

$Form1.AcceptButton = $OKButton                                        ;*****Important, This is the method that is used to tie the 'Enter' key on the keyboard to the 'OK' button.
$Form1.Show  ;Displays the Form

While $Form1.Visible
   $Nul = Execute($Form1.DoEvents())
Loop
Exit 0

Function ListViewIndexChanged()
   Dim $ListView1,$Item,$TextBox1

$TextBox1.Text = $Item.Item(0).Text                                ;*****Important, $Item.Item(0).Text: the zero indecates the Index of the SelectedItems collection and this is what puts the text of the selected Item in the 'TextBox'.
   EndIf
EndFunction

Function OK_Click()
   Dim $ListView1,$Item

? $Item.Item(0).Text                                               ;*****Important, This is where you would do something if the user clicks 'OK' or Hits 'Enter' on the keyboard.
   EndIf
EndFunction

Function Item1_Click()
   Dim $ListView1,$TextBox1,$OKButton

$OKButton = $Form1.FindControl("OKButton")                           ;*****Important, This is how the control is located so that it can be used.
   $ListView1.Items.Clear                                                ;*****Important, This is how the ListView list is cleared
   $TextBox1.Text = ""                                                  ;*****Important, This is how the Text is cleared from the TextBox.
   $OKButton.Enabled = 0                                                ;*****Important, This is how Button is disabled
   ;do something when Item1 is clicked
EndFunction

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KiXforms Forum Index -> KiXforms.NET Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: