KiXforms Forum Index KiXforms
The Forum for the KiXforms Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Quick Links 
Site News
Downloads
Documentation
Donations
Script Archive
Tracking Systems

> .NET Designer just like our own Designer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KiXforms Forum Index -> KiXforms.NET Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shawn
KiXforms Developer
KiXforms Developer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject: > .NET Designer just like our own Designer Reply with quote

Hey guys, might want to check this link out:

http://www.codeproject.com/csharp/SharpFormEditorDemo.asp

One of the codeproject members just posted a .Net C# forms designer, and the resemblance to our own Kixforms.Net Designer is striking. He basically talks about "the issues" with doing this - the same issues that Benny had to deal with last year, eg. he had to implement his own home-grown control tracker just like Benny did.

Check it out.
ntdoc
KiXforms Supporter
KiXforms Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So why did he write this in the first place? I thought the Visual Studio already had this built-in. Didn't read the whole article Embarassed
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Shawn
KiXforms Developer
KiXforms Developer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does have it built in. Based on this quote:

Quote:

I hope, from this, you can deduce what's happening under the covers when you rely on the .NET framework to implement your own Forms Editor.

Looks like he wrote it as an educational thing ... to help one appreciate what happens "under the covers" in Visual Studio.

Last edited by Shawn on Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Shawn
KiXforms Developer
KiXforms Developer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He also adds:

Quote:

I decided to write this article not because I wanted to give some classes as replacements for the corresponding functionalities wrapped by the .NET framework. My intention is to illustrate some basic principles on how to write a Forms editor and give a concrete implementation of it. I think the implementation of the C# RectTracker class and the transparent control can also be applied to other circumstances, such as shape edit and picture/diagram edit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KiXforms Forum Index -> KiXforms.NET Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: