KiXforms Forum Index KiXforms
The Forum for the KiXforms Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Quick Links 
Site News
Downloads
Documentation
Donations
Script Archive
Tracking Systems

iTripoli TypeLibViewer and Richtx32.ocx

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shawn
KiXforms Developer
KiXforms Developer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:19 pm    Post subject: iTripoli TypeLibViewer and Richtx32.ocx Reply with quote

Steve,

Me and Benny are working on some Kixforms.Net stuff, got the following error when running TypeLibViewer though:

"Componet 'Richtx32.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a files is missing or invalid"

Any ideas how to fix this ?

-Shawn
Stevie
KiXforms Supporter
KiXforms Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah,

The installer contains the correct version of this file, so if you're just dropping the typelibviewer on a system you may get this error. My recommendation is to use the installer and you shouldn't get this error. If you use the installer and still see this error then it may be that the existing version is newer and is not being overwritten and is incompatible.

If you are installing the typelibviewer and still see this, then give me the version number of this file (should be in system32) and I will do some testing on my own.
________
Toyota Central R&D Labs., Inc. History

Last edited by Stevie on Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Shawn
KiXforms Developer
KiXforms Developer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, i forgot about that Steve - TypeLibViewer is something that should be installed, not just dropped in ... i've just been including the exe with the new package.

While I got ja - Any chance of getting .NET enums viewable in TypeLibViewer (noticed that regular enums are viewable, but .netty ones aren't) - I verfied that its not just a Kixforms.Net thing - think System.Drawing.dll has the same "issue".

-Shawn
Stevie
KiXforms Supporter
KiXforms Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as the .tlb is generating "standard COM" info, then it should be picking up any enums it runs into. I'll need to check it out and find out what the differences are and make sure it gets picked up properly. I'm sure it's just another case of the .NET assemblies generating IDL that's just different enough so that the viewer isn't recognizing it.

As for the installer issue, there are actually several files that the typelib viewer needs to function. There are two switches you can use to automate the install of this: /silent (just shows progress bar) and /verysilent (shows nothing). Between those two the installation shouldn't be too problematic.
________
Head shop

Last edited by Stevie on Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Shawn
KiXforms Developer
KiXforms Developer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I oleview'd the tlb and found that your right - .net generates slightly different enum info ... normal COM has enum and typedef info, .net just has enum info.
Stevie
KiXforms Supporter
KiXforms Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figured as much. I'll get back in there and fix it sooner than later but it may take more than a day or so for my schedule to open up.

Here's a couple other switches on the typelib setup that might be useful:

/SUPPRESSMSGBOXES

That does exactly what the name implies. When a question would normally pop up ("File already exists and is newer, do you want to keep the existing file?") it will not be shown and the safest answer will be chosen (yes in the sample case)

/DIR="x:\dirname" (Overrides the default path of %ProgramFiles%\iTripoli\TypeLibViewer. Needs to be a fully qualified local drive path)

/GROUP="folder name" (Overrides the default start menu folder name)
________
Find dispensary
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KiXforms Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: