KiXforms Forum Index KiXforms
The Forum for the KiXforms Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Quick Links 
Site News
Downloads
Documentation
Donations
Script Archive
Tracking Systems

AD Admin Tool Complete (Well Allmost)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
richardrfarthing
KiXforms Supporter
KiXforms Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 11:27 am    Post subject: AD Admin Tool Complete (Well Allmost) Reply with quote

Hi Everyone

I have been working very hard on this "AD Admin Tool" and after 2 weeks I am 90 % there.

You will proberly look at the code and think god what was he thinking Shocked , but I am just a starter at Kix and KixForms, so please bear with me.

I will not post the code on here, as there is about 20000 lines Very Happy , I have zipped it up so you can take a look.

http://www.richardrfarthing.f9.co.uk/UserMGR.zip

Thanks for being patient with me when I have been buggin everyone with questions.

Richard Farthing

Below are some pics of the admin tool if you don't want to download it. (Hope you have a nice fast Internet Connection This may take some time otherwise)

Sealeopard
KiXforms Aficionado
KiXforms Aficionado

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'DisableUsers_Click.kix' seems to have a missing ENDIF at the end.

You should also replace the FRAME objects with the GROUPBOX objects, as GROUPBOX is the preferred method for the latest versions of KiXForms.

You also seem to have hard-coded the user groups. It might be better to list these groups dynamically, especially if you start adding/removing groups.

Finally, I would rather organize your sub-scripts as UDFs instead of scripts. This way, you can include the complete UDF-library at the beginning of your script.

Otherwise, nice job Very Happy

'There are two kinds of vessels, submarines and targets.'
kdyer
KiXforms Follower
KiXforms Follower

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am trying to put my hands around what is different between this and - http://www.rgcweb.org/kix/ ?

I do like the look of your script. I think this offers a lot of ease of use.

Kent
Sealeopard
KiXforms Aficionado
KiXforms Aficionado

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IIRC, Richard build his script based on the scripts you referenced, Kent.

'There are two kinds of vessels, submarines and targets.'
richardrfarthing
KiXforms Supporter
KiXforms Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damm, I haven't seen that script before, just the basic one done by Shawn (Mud in you Eye post) Embarassed

Oh well it has been fun Very Happy

OK have looked at Ben's script and will take some stuff from it, if that is OK with Ben?.

Thanks
kdyer
KiXforms Follower
KiXforms Follower

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard,

The reason I like your script over Ben's is that his lists all groups in a domain.. While yours may do the same thing, I like the fact that you can pick and choose from checkboxes from a list rather than a drop-down..

Your script would be ideal for a "quick Admin" setup.

Kent
richardrfarthing
KiXforms Supporter
KiXforms Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My script is designed for our Helpdesk staff and our IT Trainers, I needed to design something that didn't give them too much control.

The reason I couldn't list the groups is because the group names would mean nothing to the helpdesk staff, so I list the departments and the file structure, the department group is then set to primarygroup and used to map their departmental drive.

I will now edit the script so it works with "Account Operators" rights only.

Our I.T staff our not really I.T minded, so I try and restrict as much as I can, so they can do no harm to our servers.

I like Ben's script, but I am glad I never saw it before hand because doing my own script has given me so much enjoyment.

And it also shows me how much further I need to learn Kix to script like you guys.

Thanks

Rich
Wintermute
KiXforms Follower
KiXforms Follower

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Richard, is that script at another location? I wouldn't mind having a look.
________
GUARANTEED ASSET PROTECTION INSURANCE ADVICE

Last edited by Wintermute on Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Rod
KiXforms Webmaster
KiXforms Webmaster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard has moved the ZIP file on his site to here.

Rod.

KiXforms Supporter
KiXforms Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah sorry, forgot to update the forum. thanks Rod.

I have put the User Manager Tool on back burner for the time being, just sorting out our AD and building 3000 users and file structure with 500 groups.

Then I will go back to it.

Have added quite alot of updates:

* Changes the Username typed in by user into Title Case.
* Search function on username
* Advanced Group listings and adding
* Just much better code, learning more each day so I keep on changing it.

I will post here when I feel I have completed it, and I can package it as a working application. Maybe a MSI application.

Rich
Bonji
KiXforms Aficionado
KiXforms Aficionado

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't posted much here or on the main site as I've been absolutely swamped at work. That being said, it's good to be back and I'll try to stay up on this stuff better.

I haven't had a chance to look at your tool Richard, however I will try to in the near future. Also, feel free to take any of my code for your own. I wrote all the code myself, which probably means it will not be the cleanest as I'm not a great programmer.

I took some time recently to try to finish up my tool and all email settings can now be modified (I haven't uploaded latest version yet, let me know if interested). One note on that though, unfortunately you must install Win2K (or Win2K3) admin tools and the Exchange Admin tools on your local PC before you can create an email account. You don't need those to delete the account or change any settings, but you cannot create an exchange mailbox without those tools installed. Very crappy IMHO, but something I had to finally get over.

There are some other little things I've tweaked and I hope to finish it up soon. If anyone has any input for me on this, I'm more the glad to listen.
Kent: what did you mean by my listing all groups? In the options area, you can exclude specific groups from showing up at all on the main area. I'm also going to add a decent application security system to it that will hopefully give more flexibility on who can use the tool.

Once I'm done with this tool, I'm going to work on my AD tool that can manipulate the rest of the AD tree. However, it will look ugly until the tree view is implemented in Kixforms (and while I'm at it, I really really would love to see system tray support too Wink ). I'm initially thinking it will perform basic functions such as creating new objects, moving objects, and renaming objects in the tree. I've already got a preliminary version worked up, however it was easy to do because I stole all the code from my main tool from the creating a new user function that browses the AD structure.

Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

-Ben
http://www.rgcweb.org/kix
VoyagerNL
KiXforms Novice
KiXforms Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Richard,

Your link isn't working anymore Confused , right? I would like to see/use your code.
For now i have made the logon with standard kix, i found some usefull code to make an graph login. And on my search i stumbled in this forum over this post. Looks nice (the description anyway). But pitty, no working link.

Update the link please......

greetings, Paul
richardrfarthing
KiXforms Supporter
KiXforms Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah sorry, but next week I have to get my project back on the road and finish it.

I first started my "AD User Manager" about 10 months ago and haven't touched it for ages.

But I have learn't so much since then so will be creating the code from scratch, but just leave the forms in place.

I will post next week with a version that can be used by anyone using AD, then I will post a version that is dedicated for my Company's use.

The difference is the group selection, my own IMT department do not understand the what groups users should be part of so I create a nice file structure that they select where the user should be located, this then adds the groups and sets the primary group.

Like I said will post later next week.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KiXforms Forum Index -> Script Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: