KiXforms Forum Index KiXforms
The Forum for the KiXforms Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Quick Links 
Site News
Downloads
Documentation
Donations
Script Archive
Tracking Systems

KD Question for...oh yeah...Shawn

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stevie
KiXforms Supporter
KiXforms Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 9:08 pm    Post subject: KD Question for...oh yeah...Shawn Reply with quote

Shawn,

Paolo was castigating me for being so delinquent in my development of KD. I say this because I've been looking to use the word castigate in a sentence for quite some time--now I've done it.

Anyway, not that this implies work has resumed but I have a quick question on an enhancement. There will be a default value added to the XML for each property of every object. The meaning of this default value is what I want to ask.

It could do one of two things, both of which in my mind could be valuable:

--Could be used to set default values for each object. If you like big fat buttons, for example, you could make those the default size and every time you make a button that's the size you get.

--Could be used to determine what default values KiXforms uses and if it's the same then don't write the value to the script. In other words, don't write a default value into the script that will become the value anyway. That will reduce the length of the script and make it easier to read.

What you think, bubba?
________
Volcano vaporizer

Last edited by Stevie on Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Shawn
KiXforms Developer
KiXforms Developer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paolo was castigating you ... sounds painfull and downright nasty.

To be honest, I'm as much deliquent with Kixforms development as you may be with KD development right now ... But I think that most folk understand that both these projects are part-time efforts. We dont get paid form them, and that we all have job demands. Thats kinda my situation right now ... got a busy AD migration that just coming to a close, getting back into KF mode now (just updated some of the wish-list items).

In regards to the suggestion, actually I'm wondering if both might be usefull ... I like the idea that properties aren't written to script unless they deviate from the default. I also kinda like the idea of being able to over-ride the default but since this feature is "unusual" (unusual in that not many IDE's afaik support such a feature) ... that the first idea (ignore defaults) would be more "valuable" ... or can you (should you) do both at the same time with different xml properties ?

-Shawn
Stevie
KiXforms Supporter
KiXforms Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At first blush it seems like they are mutually exclusive since if you change the default property then it will deviate from the KiXforms default and should always be written to the script.

I think that if forced to choose I agree that it's better to not write default values. Alright, when I get back to the Designer that's what I'll go with.
________
Homemade vaporizer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KiXforms Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: