KiXforms Forum Index KiXforms
The Forum for the KiXforms Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Quick Links 
Site News
Downloads
Documentation
Donations
Script Archive
Tracking Systems

Going for my first kixforms.net build

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bjorn
KiXforms Dabbler
KiXforms Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject: Going for my first kixforms.net build Reply with quote

Ya. Finally got tired of having to do everything manual (the way the want me to do stuff at work). So, I got the great idea to start building something that saves me time, so I can drink more coffee in peace .. Smile

not even a build yet, just doing the basic layout so far:
http://fluffis.se/~ewook/building.jpg

If you don't get the idea, the idea is to enumerate all computers in a domain of your choice, if another domain then the one you are connected to you can add credentials. After the enum (and selecting 'alive' options), the goal is to get 'basic' computer info if a computer is selected.

Later ideas is to have this build in a client tab, and then do a server tab, with
enuming the servers (or after a list) more or less the same way with the clients, but with some type of survailance (spelling, sorry) and popup if a certain event occurs on the server (from event viewer). the event type or something will be selectable.

Comments, feedback so far? Stupid / done already / donations? Rolling Eyes
Shawn
KiXforms Developer
KiXforms Developer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the idea is cool and would like to encourage/help ... I sent you a kixforms private message with some information ...
Bjorn
KiXforms Dabbler
KiXforms Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shawn wrote:
I think the idea is cool and would like to encourage/help ... I sent you a kixforms private message with some information ...

Thank you Shawn for the info! I cannot guarantee that this will end up as a fully working kixforms-app, but I will try. The feeling of taking to much to soon is still here - haven't looked at kixforms for more then a blink of an eye before. We'll see if sometihing good comes from this! Smile
Mart
KiXforms Regular
KiXforms Regular

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KiXforms is quite easy if you get the hang of it. No matter if it is .net or classic.

There is one thing that kicked me in the n#ts (ouch, the pain, the pain, THE PAIN.......luckily it went away after two days Razz ) recently when I implemented my first kf.net script.

Have a look at http://www.kixforms.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1520

- He's chained forever to a world that's departed.....It's not enough, it's not enough - Sorrow by Pink Floyd.
Bjorn
KiXforms Dabbler
KiXforms Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mart wrote:
KiXforms is quite easy if you get the hang of it. No matter if it is .net or classic.

There is one thing that kicked me in the n#ts (ouch, the pain, the pain, THE PAIN.......luckily it went away after two days Razz ) recently when I implemented my first kf.net script.

Have a look at http://www.kixforms.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1520

Perhaps it is, but the code-layout makes me dizzy right now.
Don't worry, since I am not a decision maker here, just a suggestion maker, we are still using some crappy vbs-code for login, and everything else I have to run around to do manually. The first time my boss said to literary run around and check computers I had no alternative.. Now I do, but I wanna make a gui for it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KiXforms Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: