KiXforms Forum Index KiXforms
The Forum for the KiXforms Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Quick Links 
Site News
Downloads
Documentation
Donations
Script Archive
Tracking Systems

Controlling forms with Infra-red remote control

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrOctober
KiXforms Dabbler
KiXforms Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:53 pm    Post subject: Controlling forms with Infra-red remote control Reply with quote

I have been working off and on (back on again now) with some KixForms code to run a timing system for archery tournaments at our archery club. I pretty much have the basic functionality I need done. Right now, the interaction with the timing system if via buttons at the top of the timing screen. What I need to do to make this REALLY functional for us is get rid of the button and be able to have the judge use a remote control (like a TV Remote). I have a PERL module that lets me interact and do everything thing I need to do with the remote. (I.e. Interpret the button pushes on the remote any way I want to).

What I am trying to figure out is how to either have KixForms understand a call from Perl and do something similar to an OnClick function or from a Perl perspective, have perl do the equivalent of click a button on hitting a key. I'm actually pursuing the latter from a Perl perspective and I think there is a way to make that work but I think my implementation would be similar if I could do all of this from a KixForms/Kix perspective.

Has anyone done anything like this? If so . . any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
eriqjaffe
KiXforms Follower
KiXforms Follower

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the perl module is just accepting remote control buttons and then emulating keyboard presses, can't you just use KeyCode and OnKeyDown for the various buttons?
MrOctober
KiXforms Dabbler
KiXforms Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eriqjaffe wrote:
If the perl module is just accepting remote control buttons and then emulating keyboard presses, can't you just use KeyCode and OnKeyDown for the various buttons?

Well . . I haven't had time to work on this for a while but I'm back to it and this is what I'm going to try. Don't see why it wouldn't work.
Lonkero
KiXforms Devotee
KiXforms Devotee

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

would think there is at least sendkeys functionality in perl...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KiXforms Forum Index -> Advanced Scripting All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: